Wednesday, November 08, 2006

it's a sunshine day!

For the most part, anyway. Of course now, the Dems actually have some power, and have to come up with some real policy, instead of just saying that what the Republicans are doing is wrong. But it would be awfully hard for them to screw up worse than this administration already has. So, in some measure, it can only get better.

Here's an actual knitting update. Last night I finished Eliza's Christmas stocking. It's the cabled stocking from "Handknit Holidays." It turned out exactly as I wanted, and I'm so happy that I made it, but there was something bittersweet about finishing it. Knitting this stocking was something concrete that I felt like I was doing for her, and now it's finished. When I showed it to Richard last night, he just held my hand and said that he knew it was made with a lot of love. And it was.

I guess now, I just have to translate my desire to make things for my daughter into making things for charity, like Stitches from the Heart. When the nurse brought Eliza into me in the hospital, she had a handknit hat on and a handmade blanket wrapped around her. It meant so much to me, and it still does. And I want to provide the same kind of comfort to another mother. So that's what I'm going to do. Anyone want to join me?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to work on baby things for Stitches From The Heart. To do it in honor of Eliza would be an honor for me.

Anonymous said...

I've got no shortage of yarn and can think of nothing better than to put some of it to such a great cause. Count me in for a batch of hats in Eliza's memory.

Ellen Bloom said...

I've got 3 hats, ready to donate on Saturday for Stitches From The Heart. I will write Eliza's name on the tag. I belileve that Brandi, the Manager of SFTH will be at our Saturday WeHo SnB taking collections!

Ellen B.