Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Old School

Anyone remember back when this blog was about craftiness, and not about pregnancy? Me neither.

But really, ever since I found out that we're having Figalina, rather than Fignacio, I've regained my craftiness! I knew instantly that I needed to make the adorable granny square bib-front dress from one of my recently purchased McCall's Needlework & Crafts magazines.

And in less than a week, I'm almost done with the skirt (I'd be further along, but we had our big fundraising walk for work on Saturday, and Sunday was so hot I felt like melting). I've updated the color palette and yarn selection a bit (no primary colors in itchy acrylic). I'm using Blue Sky Cotton, which is my absolute favorite cotton yarn. I love their colors. I'm making the dress in a size 1, so it will be wearable in time for our Indian summer.

On the baby front (because Lord knows I can't go through a whole post without mentioning her), I still can't feel her movements yet. I'm trying, but nothing yet. We signed up for our childbirth classes today. 5 weeks long, 2 1/2 hours each. I guess there is a lot to learn! The only bad thing is that they are on Thursdays, 7-9:30 p.m., so I'll miss the WeHo SnB for the entire month of July + first 2 weeks of August. Bummer! But I'm excited. It's all so real now.


Catherine said...


So! Much! More! Real!


mel said...

Bah, Catherine beat me to it! Yes, the 'her' makes such a difference. Yay Figolina!

And the granny squares are so cute - I love BSA cotton!