Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I've lost my mojo

It's official. I am in a crafty slump. I've lost my will to craft. Rich says to chalk it up to the general ickiness. So maybe when I hit my second trimester, I'll find my inner crafty goddess. But for now, she's gone. Taken a holiday. Maybe to Greece. And she'll come back, tan and refreshed and ready to make stuff. Until then, I'm on hiatus.

Damn pregnancy, taking my craftiness. How dare it! I'm offended.

By the way, according to BabyCenter.com, my baby is now the size of a fig. Maybe if I could visualize a fig, that would mean something to me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fig

Love em... yummy! ;-)

Hey, everyone deserves a Greek vacation sometime... it would've been nice if she'd taken you with her though!

Anonymous said...

A fig is about the size of a golf ball, and nearly as tasty. (To be fair, maybe I've never had a good fig. I do like Newtons.)

Anonymous said...

Figs are very good stuffed with goat cheese and wrapped in bacon. Then again, isn't everything better wrapped in bacon?

Good luck finding your mojo again!

Julie said...

Child, you're in California. They have figs there. Figs can have so many flavors. They can even taste like plums and watermelon. Figs are yummy if you can find them locally.

I loved the food analogies on Babycenter. It's perfect to say the baby is the size of a kiwi or a grapefruit. Then you can talk about a small grapefruit or a large grapefruit.

Anonymous said...

I've been so sick I haven't been online in a week - catching up on your progress. It helps me to read this, because a lot of this I'm going through, too.

If it helps at all, I, too, have lost my will to craft. I think they say you get it back in the 2nd trimester!

-The Other Oct Mama